These days, mostly everyone who totes a cell phone owns a smartphone. These devices, which are generally miniature computers that can be carried in a pocket, purse or hand, are the standard mobile phones and can keep your life organized in a number of ways. This is largely because of the number of apps you can download from your phone platform’s respective marketplace. There are certain apps that every smartphone owner should get as they are the best and absolute musts to have.
• Evernote is free and is available for the three most popular smartphone platforms — iPhone, Android and Windows Phone. It is easy to use and has a great user interface. With it, you can capture notes while on the go, snap a photo of a page or two you need for reference, create to do lists and record voice reminders. Download the app here.
The Weather Channel
• The Weather Channel is a free app that is also available for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone. It is widely regarded as the best weather app found anywhere. It is easy to use and only requires you to enter your city and state. Get regular weather updates, alerts and forecasts right to your smartphone or check the 36 hour or 10 day forecast. Download the app here.
• Pandora is a free app that allows you to listen to music on your smartphone. It relies on your cellular data or Wi-Fi connection and is fun to use. When you enter the name of a favorite artist or band, the app will play that artist or band and others it deems similar. Download the app here.
• Dictionary.com is a free app that can serve as a handy reference on your smartphone. It is available for the three most popular platforms and is especially useful for individuals who are students or who do a lot of writing. Download the app here.
• Instagram is the most popular photograph app for Android and iPhone. It is free and allows you to add great effects to your photos and then share them on your favorite social networking websites. Choose from any number of effects, including filters, frames, tilt shift and more. Download the app here.
• PayPal is a free app that is a must to have on your smartphone if you get paid through the service or sell goods via PayPal. With it, you can check your current balance, transfer funds to your connected checking account, make purchases and more. Download the app here.
• Skype is a free app that is great for engaging in video chats for absolutely no charge. It allows you to call anyone, no matter where their location, even if they reside in another country or continent. It relies on your phone’s data or Wi-Fi to work. Download the app here.
• Adobe Reader is an essential free app that is the best for viewing PDF files right from your smartphone. You can access a number of PDF files, even those that are password protected. Download the app here.
• Facebook is free and is the most popular social networking website in the world. The app is available for all major smartphone platforms and can help you stay connected with your friends and family members with just a simple touch of a button. Share photos, update your status and check in from your current location from your phone. Download the app here.
• Angry Birds is a fun game that is available for free for Android smartphones and for 99 cents on the iTunes App Store and the Windows Phone Store. It is a great way to kill some time or to just forget your troubles of the day when you have downtime. Download the app here.